Remote Data Systems (Pty) Ltd.
We started in 2007 and saw the need in the Mining Industry to interface to weightometors
via RS232/RS485 Communication and IO ports to upgrade older systems to improve quality and efficiency
without changing Scale hardware and weightometors.
We upgrade and maintain our hardware and software on regular
basis to stay ahead of the changing and demanding industry.
Machine Interface Translator or (MIT) is a plug and play unit.
1. Connect the dedicated IO ports pulse count and 4-20mA or RS232/RS485 Communication.
2. Power up the System.
3. Our OTA software can analyze the continuous data string or MODBUS Registry and setup interface Remotely.
4. You are online and ready to access the Web Interface.
Weightometors tested with MIT unit.
- 1. BST100
- 2. BW100 / BW500 Siemens
- 3. PA Systems
- 4. Loadtech
- 5. Ramsey
- 6. Any other Weightometor with Serial,MODBUS,pulse/Ton and 4-20mA output.
Frequently Asked Questions
What information can I retrieve?.
If the MIT unit is connected via RTU modbus you can request up to 25 Variables from the weightometer
If your Weightometor sends a continues string, it will be the data extracted from the data string.
If the weightometor has only got pulse output / Ton and 4-20mA for T/H you will see this.
MIT IO Interface Level.
- 1. Input 7-28VDC 150mA
- 2. 8 x 500mA OC Outputs
- 3. 4 x Opto Isolated Inputs
- 4. 2 x 0-10V High impediance ADC
- 5. 1 x 0-5V DAC output.
Communication and Protocal.
- 1. 1xRS232 Port
- 2. 1xRS485 Port
Baudrate default is set to 9600,n,8,1.
- 1. Decode a Print String up to 180 Char
- 2. STX-ETX Delimited String
- 3. Siemens BW100 bi-polar
- 4. RTU ASCII
- 5. RTU Modbus
- 6. PA Screen interface
We tested the unit with all Weightometors above.
Monitor Run and Empty Conveyor Hours.
Yes. The MIT has got a PLC editor Online where you can program when certain conditions
met to inc 3 types of Hour Meters.
Run Time Hour meter
Empty Conveyor Belt
You can setup this Meter to start increment seconds when your T/H or any 15 Internal variables
stays at a set value. After a set time when this condition is not met the HMeter stops.
You can setup this Meter to start increment seconds when the Belt speed is running and the T/H
is less than a set value and stays in that condition for a time. If the condition changes the HMeter stops.
The MIT unit access the Remote Data Server via a GPRS modem. The condition of the signal and online
status is updated every 40-60 Seconds and raw data is stored on the server.
Each unit has got a unique
System number to link Client, site, Scale to this number.
If the MIT unit does not receive an update in less than 3 minutes the system will send a Telegram/Email message
to warn the system is offline.
Usually, this happens when there is a power outage or Load scheduling.
The GPRS network is very stable an average of 99.8% of data capture is possible.
A backup battery supply can be added to the MIT controller for up to 8 hours.
We have one Server problem in seven years and was up and running within a couple of hours.
The energy consumption cost forms a large part of the operating cost of a belt conveyor system, which can be
up to 40%. The remaining 60% is due to operational cost and maintenance.
With our MIT system and PLC functions, you can check if the conveyor runs empty.
The system will send an EMAIL / Telegram message to warn the operator.
The Empty Belt Hour Meter increment and totalize the waist of Energy.
You can access and create reports for the last 3 months. A backup of up to 5 years of data stored on the server
and can be restored on request.
The web interface does have many OnClick fields where detailed information can be display for the current shift.
Actual Versus Planned
The web user can set up the Target expected tons per hour. The system calculated continuously the actual versus the planned tons and show it.
5 Day Report
With this Report, the user can see a 5 day trend of Tons / Hours on the hour. Solve the problem to optimize the operation.
Tons / Hour
With this Report, the user can see a trend of Tons / Hours on the hour. Solve the problem to optimize the operation.
Totalizer on the Hour
Automated Shift Report
The system creates an automated shift report. The report is then Email to a mail list group.
Scheduled Email Report
True Data to report Under Readings
The advantage of our system is when there is an under reading or minis T/H the system pick it up
and send a Telegram or Email message to warn the Technical / SLA holder to calibrate the scale.
Make use of the onboard PLC function to control lights and Alarms.
You can use the Telegram BOT to Clear the alarm with a unique OTP number.
To analyze this you can report on how long it takes to correct this Warning.